Friday 3 August 2018

5 days, 5 kurtis!



Hi guys! Hope you're all doing well.

The past five days have been super hectic, but I am back with another blog and this time I took up the challenge of "wearing kurtis for an entire week"!
Yes!
I had to be in college, attend lectures and meet a couple of friends here and there. Amidst all this, I wanted to look good yet be in my comfortable state and this post sums up what I wore and how I styled my basic cotton kurtis!

DAY 1-

Going to college is never exciting for me, especially after a long weekend. I decided to wear my favourite indigo and whites to beat Monday blues in the most comfy way possible.

I wore an indigo print blue cotton kurti with my favourite white palazzo pants. The high slits of the upper are perfect and give an illusion of a tiny waist. The flared white palazzo pants go well with the straight-cut kurti. These open-toed floral flats give the required pop of colour and let your feet breathe!

To complete the overall look, I decided to keep my hair open, wear silver Afghani earrings and opted for a black basic tote

Outfit details:
Kurti & Palazzo pants- Self-designed
Silver earrings- local market
Black bag- Miniso, CP
Floral flats- Street style store

DAY 2-

For the second day of this week, I decided to sport an Indo-fusion look.

I wore a black kurti with jeggings. To break the monotony of black, I wrapped a multi-coloured stole around my neck and carried a mustard coloured handbag-sling. 

These colours make the otherwise-boring black outfit pop up and appealing. 



Outfit details:
Kurti- Fab India
Jeggings- Bare denim from Pantaloons
Juttis- Delhi Haat, INA
Sling- Trade Fair, Pragati Maidan

DAY 3



For the mid-week look, I decided to wear an A-line kurti and made two side braids for a neater and well-defined look. 

Instead of wearing leggings or pants with the kurti, i wore it as a dress and added a belt over it. I ditched earrings and opted for a couple of charm bracelets. 

These black shoes went quite well with this basic khadi textured kurti and i carried a black handbag to complete the look.

Outfit details:
Kurti- Ajio
Tassled sandals- Westside
Charm bracelets- Adorn(on instagram: adornbygunjan)
Belt- Pantaloons
Black handbag- from Hong Kong(gifted)

DAY 4-


For the fourth day of the kurti lookbook, I thought of being a bit experimental and mixed different pieces from my wardrobe.


I found this coral peach floor-length A-line kurti which dates back to my school's teacher day and I decided to bring it to some use and wear it with a black shirt. 

Yes, a black shirt over a long kurti! 


I wore a black satin-net shirt over this solid coloured kurti, tied a knot in the front and wore my black-tassled slip ons and carried a basic black tote.




Outfit details:
Kurti- Miku Kumar
Shirt- Ajio
Black shoes- Street style store
Bag- Miniso, CP


DAY 5-


I've been loving flowy A-line kurtas because-
a) they are super comfortable and i can sit, walk, run and even sleep during lectures in them; and 
b) they give a perfect silhouette and structure to my body and makes me look tall and lean.

For the last day of this series, I decided to wear this long multi-coloured kurta. 
The kurta has just the right amount of flare, and the colours and patterns give it an appealing and a bohemian look. I wore my black palazzo pants and tied them a bit up so that the bottoms could be partially seen.
I wore my tan juttis, carried a black tote and wore a belt over the kurta to complete my Friday look.




Outfit details:
Kurta- Trade Fair, Pragati Maidan
Palazzo- Ajio
Juttis- Delhi Haat, INA
Belt- Pantaloons
Bag- Miniso, CP


That was it for this week. Hope you loved what you read and saw so far!

Shot by: Nitika Yadav, Anushka Singh

No comments:

Post a Comment