Wednesday 22 August 2018

Shades of white!

White looks elegant and graceful. It has its own charm and beauty and it goes well with almost any other shade and colour. 
We are often told to stay away from the whites and blacks for marriages or some auspicious ritual because-
"what will people say?" 
"your elders are going to be there, wear something bright"

Breaking and doing away with all these barriers, I decided to make this Outfit look-book for Rakshabandhan. Most of the girls love celebrating and dressing up for this one festival as it holds supreme value and importance for us. So for this year's Rakshabandhan or Rakhi, I decided to wear shades of white and came up with Three Last Minute White Outfit Ideas!

All of these looks are simple and easy to re-create. Happy Reading!

GOING ALL ETHNIC!



You can never go wrong with the ideal Indian dupatta-suit set. Palazzos have become a latest hit and go well with ethnic as well as western wear. I am totally in love with the concept of white-on-white. 

For the first look, I wore a self-designed white chikan work palazzo with a similar kurti and carried a blue silk dupatta/stole(from Dilli Haat, INA) to break the monotony of white. This splash of blue gives the entire look a perfect balance as it's not white from head to toe. 
For footwear, I wore these beige heels from Mast & Harbour. I kept the jewellery light and just wore my favourite silver Afghani earrings to complete the look.


PLAYING WITH JUMPSUITS!




Jumpsuits are perfect for parties and casual brunch dates. And guess what, they make-up for a great Indo-Western look as well! 

So, I found this beautiful white cut-out jumpsuit from Koovs which I bought a couple of years ago but never really wore it. 
I thought of mixing it up with this blue-gold cape/jacket from Rangmanch by Pantaloons.

I love how this jumpsuit gives me a structured and lean look and the jacket on the top acts as a perfect cover up and adds an ethnic vibe to the overall look. I wore these beige heels from Mast & Harbour and my Rakhi look was done right!


DRESS-ING THE TRADITIONAL WAY!


We all own at least one white clothing item if not many. It can be a dress, a romper, a jumpsuit or even a maxi! 
For the third outfit of the Rakshabandhan series, I decided to go all experimental and mix-and-match with my look.
I wore a white flared dress with pink-coloured cotton trousers. The colour of the trousers adds a pop of colour and makes the outfit look brighter. I carried a silk dupatta/stole from Meena Bazaar and gave the entire outfit a structured look by wearing a neck-piece as belt.Yes!
That's a neck-piece from
FabIndia. For the accessories, I wore earrings that matched with the neck-piece/belt and wore golden and white slip-ons from Street Style Store to give the look a casual yet ethnic vibe.




That was all for this blog. See you pretty soon with a new post! 
xo







No comments:

Post a Comment